Happy summer everyone! I just celebrated another birthday this week! I enjoyed it exploring St. Augustine, watching fireworks, indulging in yummy food and drinks, and of course lots of yoga. Having a birthday in the summer can be fun, but it can also be challenging because it’s incredibly hot in Florida. Nonetheless, we always find an activity that involves swimming in the ocean or hanging out in an air-conditioned establishment :)
Summer days also make me want nothing but cold eats and treats. Things like watermelon juice, simple summer salad, popsicles, and fruity desserts. The below recipe is very simple and can be made ahead of time. This recipe serves 2-4 peeps.
Coconut Chia Seed Pudding
1 can coconut milk
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup agave nectar
Grated coconut for garnish
1 ripe mango (peeled and cut)
Splash of water
- Add the coconut milk, chia seeds, and agave into a container that can be sealed.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly as the seeds can start to clump together.
- Cover and place the container in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- For the mango purée, peel and cut up the mango into chunks.
- Add the mango into a blender or food processor and add a splash of water.
- Blend it all up and notice the texture, if you’d like it a bit thinner, just add another splash of water. Place in a container and refrigerate.
- Serve the coconut chia seed pudding with mango purée on top and a bit of grated coconut.
Super simple, refreshing, and beautiful! The pudding itself is sweet enough and combined with the tropical taste and tartness of the mango, it’s a wonderful treat for hot summer nights. Enjoy!