I grew up drinking smoothies as a kid and they were always so simple and delicious. Nowadays, I add anything and everything to my smoothies! I like to keep frozen fruit in the freezer just in case I need a sweet snack. Using frozen fruit and just a bit of liquid creates a frozen yogurt texture. So, instead of serving my smoothie in a glass, I sometimes serve it in a bowl and add whatever fixings I have.
I like having a smoothie bowl for breakfast because it’s not super filling and it’s refreshing on a hot day. However, I made the below bowl last night for us as a late night snack while binge watching Game of Thrones (I’m a newbie to this show, believe it or not!) Hope you enjoy!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- coconut granola
- sliced almonds
- hemp seeds
- chia seeds
- pineapple chunks
- peanut butter
- Anything you want!
- In a blender, combine the frozen fruit with a bit of almond milk and blend on a slow speed. Start with a few pieces, then add more as the fruit begins to soften.
- Feel free to add more almond milk if you feel like the fruit isn’t churning.
- Put your “nice cream” in a bowl and add all the yummy toppings you have!
- Enjoy while watching your favorite show :)
Happy Saturday peeps!